Monday, July 29, 2013

DIY Gift For Your Man


I love crafting and look for cute DIY "just because" gifts for my boyfriend. I've seen many "nuts about you" gifts and thought they were adorable!  I decided to create my own and leave it on his porch for when he came home from work. 

All I did was take an old jalepeno jar and cleaned the inside very good so it didn't smell bad. I then soaked it in hot soapy water for a couple of hours to help get the sticky label off. As that was soaking, I painting a couple layers of paint on the lid. I then took some scrap booking paper, cut it and folded it in half and punched a hole in the top corner. I had some leftover twine from another project and used that to tie the paper on. I decorated the label with 3D stickers I purchased on sale from Joann's and wrote "nuts about you". On the inside I wrote a cute quote from one of my favorite country songs.  Then I filled the jar with Mixed nuts and Viola!! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment