Friday, February 21, 2014

Baked Chicken & Asparagus

Hey Guys!

Hope you all are enjoying your monday.

Mine started out a little rocky... Last night I decided I would try to be strong and take down Jacob.  Well, that thought and one kick to his shin turned into a painful, swollen, "oh my gosh im dying and i broke my foot" night and morning.

HELP IVE FALLEN AND CANT GET UP!


I won't bore you with details, but I'm alive and well and hopefully tomorrow it will be good as new!

So, what am I to do with a day off alone and a limp...

"I SHALL COOK!", she says.

I could only work with what I had in the fridge, so I did a little bit of pinteresting and googling.  I came across this website --> Healthy Living 

I found the perfect, simple recipe that is actually pretty healthy.
I will post for you the ingredients and steps below :

Ingredients:

One Box Wild Rice
4 Chicken Breasts
1 stalk asparagus (about 25 pieces)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup Water
Chicken seasoning
Mozzerella Cheese
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cook rice - I use this kind of rice


It does take about 25 min to cook, but that will give you enough time to prepare. 

You will then want to wash your asparagus and cut the bottom 1" off. 

I had some frozen chicken that I let thaw out for a couple hours. At this time I cleaned off the chicken and added chicken seasoning to each side. 

After the rice has cooked, lay it on the bottom of your glass dish pan. 
On top of that, lay out your washed and dried asparagus.
Then lay on top of that, your seasoned chicken breasts. 
Last, mix a can of condensed cream of chicken with a 1/2 cup of water. Make sure you mix it till smooth. Then pour on top of chicken. 

Sprinkle desired amount of mozzerella cheese on top of chicken. 

Place in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 mins or until chicken is thoroughly cooked!!

And this is your finished dish!! 
BON APPETIT! 

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!! XO COURT


No comments:

Post a Comment